Nano technology is expected to have a huge impact on the field of science and technology. In particular, printing materials have an impact on the development of printing.
Most of these development efforts in the printing industry are carried out by the European raw material suppliers of ink raw materials and pioneers in inkjet printing. As a result, manufacturers of materials, especially pigments, inks and colorants, will be in a strong position to shape the future of ink technologies.
What is Nanotechnology?
It refers to a dimension that is one thousand times smaller than a micron in which a nanometer (nm) is a billionth of a meter. Ten combined hydrogen atoms will measure along a nanometer.
The term nano-technology generally refers to the application of science to substances with a size of 100 nanometers and ten nanometers, but sometimes also includes particles as large as a few hundred nanometers.
Nanoparticle Technology in Printing Inks
Polymers, silicones, solid organic pigments and titanium dioxide are the most important components of the ink. Nanoparticle size can be used in all or part of these components of the ink.
UV cured ink technology, which gives the product has been proven by the positive characteristics of nanoparticles measure experiments. The printing results of the productions using this technology are positive.
In 2010, Uras started to produce titanium dioxide which is one of the most important components of ink.
Our company realized the positive effects of nanoparticle use on ink and continued its R & D activities for many years. Uras Kimya started to produce the contents of its own polymer material using nano technology.
Uras began to work on silicon, deciding that all the paint content should be at the nanoparticle level. The silicone was added to the nanoparticle size ink content.
As a result of these studies, Uras Kimya became the first company to produce all paint components at the nanoparticle level. Since 2018, it has been producing its entire product range with this technology.
The Results of Nanoparticle Technology in Printing Inks
Thanks to the thin and tight structure of nanoparticles, great progress has been observed in the results of production processes. These observations have been proven by tests.
- If the printed surface is produced with nano product, it allows water drops to penetrate into the paint less. In this way, the product gains high washing fastness.
- Smoothness is obtained on the printing surface due to the small size particles. This technology has made the difference especially in granular and challenging fabrics.
- Due to the surface smoothness created by the particle size, it has been very successful in foil applications. The foil adhesion is very high compared to other technologies.
- The nanoparticle size in the components of the material provides a high degree of elasticity as it does not break the application.
- Due to the fineness of the ink, a high level of naturalness is felt.
- Polyester type fabrics are woven tight, higher absorption occurs than alternative technologies. Ink does not bleed.
- Can work smoothly on digital machine heads and high silk spacing machines of nanoparticle technology.